Monday 12 September 2011

School Magazine Article

For many kids summertime means either sleeping alot or being bored ! Not for me, summertime only means one thing, the cricket season! This season has been even more crazy than ever.
With a gruelling winter training programme i have stretched myself to play the season at a higher level than ever. 
This winter i was not only training with my club and county but i was also training with the district boys under 17 squad, a challenge for us all but everyone of us improved. 
The season has gone consistently well, i have moved this year to Sheffield united ladies cricket club who play in the premier league north division which is the top club level for women's cricket, i top scored with 63 and have really enjoyed the season with a higher standard challenge and a great bunch of girls.Also this year we won the league for the first time in 14 years. 
For Yorkshire under 17's its been a good season too, i was the second top wicket taker and our team got through to the national girls semi-final. 
For My home team Maltby second men's team, although i haven't played every game due to AS level commitments, i have bowled alot more economical this year even though i haven't taken as many wickets and i have batted well in some pressure situations. We have finished alot higher up the league table than last season. 
The last two weeks of the season have really put the icing on the cake for me. Two weeks ago i got called to play for the Yorkshire Women's First Team, for the first time ever which was like a dream come true for me as there were 6 england players on my team! Last Sunday i got my second call to play. I batted at number 8 and scored 31 not out. This week I have maltby's last game of the season on Saturday against dearne. However on Sunday i travel to London to play for Sheffield in the national clubs final to play the winners of the women's premier southern division, so fingers crossed! 

Not a boring summer for me ! If anyone is interested in playing cricket then please watch this space as details of the Maltby Miners Welfare Cricket Club winter training will be coming shortly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment