Tuesday 13 September 2011

The impact of my findings and their impact on my creative decisions

The Impact of My Findings on Creative Decision Making

I have learnt many things from my findings:

1. I am not going to worry too much about the type of accents that my characters have as long as they are understandable, I will not get my actors to change their accents as they may sound strange. It is more important to concentrate on the emphasis of the lines they are saying than the accent that they say them in.

2. Include plenty of humor; family friendly of course, but from my focus groups interviews I have learnt that if there is plenty of humor in a trailer then more people are more likely to want to come back to watch it.

3. Be professional; with costumes, sayings and set up. I want the trailer to include costumes that look like real tennis costumes and the saying's that I am quoting from other people need to be made professional. The Wimbledon saying needs to be used as inspiration and not as humor as it wasn't originally written for humor.

4. Emphasize the underdog; most people said in my questionnaire that they like the underdog to win. Therefore I need to make clear to my audience that there is an underdog in the film and exactly which character that is.

5. Think carefully about the camera shots; I have learnt this from many trailers that I have watched, they use the correct parts of the film to make the audience want to watch the rest of the film. They also use camera angles and shots to manipulate and put emphasis on certain points of the film. I could do this also, for example, when Niaomi first see's Lindsay and doesn't think much to her the camera could vertically pan Lindsay up and down, to give the effect that the audience is looking through Niaomi's eyes and she is looking down on Lindsay.

1 comment:

  1. You say you're going to think carefully about camera shots. I'd like to see some discussion of what and why - I'd like to see you show an excellent grasp of theoretical concepts and how you intend to apply them to practical work.

    ReplyDelete