Thursday 8 September 2011

Focus Groups; Adults

My film has 3 focus groups; Sports fans, Teenage Girls and Adults.
For my adults I asked my mum and dad what they would think of my trailer/film and what they would want from it.
1. When a trailer pops up on the television what is it about certain trailers that catch your attention?
Adult 1:  sometimes the music especially if I know the theme tune, or if I know of the actors in the film, or if I’m interested in the plot like a sports film. If it’s funny! Or if it’s by a writer/ director that I know of!
Adult 2: If I’m interested or if it’s funny, I like it when there’s something dramatic on the trailer. If it’s scary!
2. What is it about a trailer that makes you want to go and see the film in cinema rather than wait for a DVD release?
Adult 1: When it has a lot of action and leaves you in suspense and you are desperate to find out more.
Adult 2: If it appeals to your taste, and looks dramatic and exiting.
3.  Do you prefer the trailer do give a lot away or a little of the films plot?
Adult 1: I don’t want it to say too much or it would be pointless seeing the film, little snap shots are the best!
Adult 2: well I want to know what the film is about, I wouldn’t want to go and see a film that I haven’t a clue of the genre of, but it has to be a happy medium!
4.  When seeing a film trailer based on a sports film what would you prefer the films genre to be?
Adult 1: I enjoy a dramatic chick flick type thing, where the underdog comes out on top, with a bit of non-realism in them with a strong story line.
Adult 2: I enjoy it to be slightly comedy based without too much dramatics, but I also enjoy it when they refer to real life gimmicks e.g. when they use things that real people have said in the past.
5. Having two female main characters in sports based film can sometimes be a disadvantage do you agree?
Adult 1: 20 years ago maybe, but times have changed and females are more accepted in sport nowadays, we also have many celebrity female sports stars like Kelly Holmes and the Williams sisters.
Adult 2: I think for some men it would make a film funnier, as they see women’s sports as a big joke!

No comments:

Post a Comment