Thursday 8 September 2011

Focus Groups: Teenage girls


Focus Group : Teenage Girls

For my target audience of teenage girls I asked a number of people over Facebook about what they want from trailers.



1. What features of a trailer catch your attention?


Teenage girl 1: I like it when it’s a song that I love, I sing along to the theme tune and watch the trailer throughout, and then I’m more likely to want to watch it.


Teenage girl 2: I think its best when it’s funny, even if it’s not a comedy based film, its better when something in the trailer makes you laugh!


Teenage girl 3: For me I like to be able to connect to the character and relate to them, to have a feeling of understanding or sympathy for whatever the main character is going through.


2. What is it about a trailer makes you want to go and see the film in the cinema rather than wait for a DVD release?


Teenage girl 1: Seeing a bit of the action of the film and thinking ‘yeah me and X could go and see that.’


Teenage girl 2: Seeing a little snippet of a ‘best bit’ and wanting to know more.


Teenage girl 3: Thinking that I can really get engrossed with that film and character.


3. Do you prefer a trailer do give a lot of the films plot away or a little?


Teenage girl 1: It’s a tough one, enough to make me want to watch it but not too much to spoil it.


Teenage girl 2: Sometimes it’s more about the bits they do give away rather than how much they give away. Sometimes a single line or snippet can make me really want to see a film.


Teenage girl 3: I think that they should give a lot away about one character and little bits about another that way you get an introduction to the film yet are still left in suspense.


4. Do you think you would see sports based film even though you’re not a sports fan?


Teenage girl 1: If it was dramatic and had a strong story line.


Teenage girl 2: If it was funny yes!


Teenage girl 3: If you felt personally attached to one character yes!


No comments:

Post a Comment