Tuesday 17 April 2012

What do I want from my trailer?

What do I want from my trailer?

After analysing features of other trailers I have identified conventional aspects which I would like to include in my production:

- provide enough content to interest my audience into watching the full film.
- Set the genre of the film and create a feel for the setting.
- provide a suggestion of the storyline.
- Introduce some of the main characters.
- Draw the interest of the audience by displaying attention grabbing footage.
- Incorporate quickly paced clips.
- Slowly builds up from beginning to an exciting end.
- Contains graphics like film title and opening dates.

I will try to achieve some of the above by incorporating the following:

I want my trailer to show the two female main characters and their contrast with each other in terms of character and ability at tennis.

I want there to be a voice over, male voice, that appears only as the set up to a humorous moment or significant moment.

I would like there to be music, two different types. One when Lindsay is struggling to meet the standard of tennis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK42LZqO0wA and the other to display a twist in the tail -fast beat when Lynsday starts training hard to be up to the standard of tennis she is playing and when she is approaching the tournament as a much better player (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U_Lpbk3MyQ)

I want my trailer to mention the directors and the fact that we created my film last year to advertise the fact that the film makers are skilled.

I want the trailer to have plenty of funny moments so that the audience can enjoy it.

I want the trailer to show the character of a clear underdog and show moments of bonding.

I want the trailer to end on a big cliff hanger to make it different from others!

No comments:

Post a Comment